[rules-users] JBPM5(Drools Flow 5.2.0.M1) - Threading model

OptimusPrime the.maxxxx at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 05:46:48 EST 2011

Hi,

in our projects we use the HttpInvoker component of Spring to interact with
our remote KnowledgeBase through HTTP, which means JBPM5 is deployed in a
servlet container.

Our Websphere admin is afraid that JBPM5 creates its own threads instead of
using the thread provided by the container.

In short:
- Does JBPM5 always executes in the thread of the caller ?
- What is the purpose of the 'multithread' element in drools-spring.xsd
(drools-spring-5.2.0.M1.jar) ?

I cannot find answers in the documentation :-(
Also, it would be a good idea to document the XSD like Spring does with
<xsd:documentation /> tags.

Thanks to the community,

Max