[rules-users] Unable to start drools-server 5.1.1 or 5.2.0.M1 under Tomcat 6.0.30

A R andromeda918 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 13:52:42 EST 2011

Hi,

I don't seem to be able to get the drools server (5.1.1 or 5.2.0.M1) to
startup correctly under Tomcat 6.0.30.

Here are the steps I've taken:

1) cp drools-5.1.1-server.war to my webapps directory
2) deleted servlet-api-2.3.jar due to a conflict with tomcat's
servrlet-api.jar
3) On startup however I get the following error in the logs (same error for
5.2.0.M1):

org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException:
Configuration problem: Failed to import bean definitions from URL location
[classpath:knowledge-services.xml]
Offending resource: class path resource [beans.xml]; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line
25 in XML document from class path resource [knowledge-services.xml] is
invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration
can be found for element 'drools:execution-node'.

Where line 25 in the knowledge-services.xml file is:
        <drools:execution-node id="node1" />

Full stack trace is here:
http://pastebin.com/Dweg29gJ

Any help appreciated.