[rules-users] decision table problem Reg:

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 03:26:13 EST 2011

There is a limit to what can be implemented using decision tables. Some
constructs are possible with hacks.

In your case, you cannot have constraints with parameters and "from" in the
same column. You need 2 adjacent columns.

CONDITION
$varbind : Varbind
oid == $1 && value == $2
the pattern and constraints
".1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1.0","5"
CONDITION

from $event.varbindings
the from clause

Note the blank cell below CONDITION. The 'x' triggers the insertion of the
from clause. (It should be possible to implement the dependency on the cell
to the left by a simple spreadsheet formula.)

-W

2011/1/11 Murali Venugopal <murali.venugopal at sifycorp.com>

> hi,
>
> i'm facing a problem with decision tables. i've got a .drl working file.
but when i happen to take that into a .xls file ( decision table ) it throws
some errors.

> my actual rule in .drl file has got something like this.
>
> when
>
>     $event : RouteEvent( nodeIp == "192.168.1.12 )
>     $varbind : Varbind ( oid == ".1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1.0" && value == "5" )
from $event.varbindings

> then
>
>     System.out.println("some text")
>
> here in my decision table, my first cell would have the first condition
>
> $event : RouteEvent
> nodeIp == "$param"
> that is, i've to omit my "(" and ")" braces.
>
> so now, my second condition is
>
> $varbind : Varbind
> ( oid == "$1" && value == "$2" ) from $event.varbindings
>
> here i don't know how to omit the "(" and ")" braces. or should i add and
other layer of those braces.

> anyway, the decision table is not working, where as my rule file does.
>
> the error message is
>
>  error java.lang.RuntimeException: [10,55]: [ERR 102] Line 10:55
mismatched input 'FROM' expecting ')' in rule "210.210.122.100 GroupA" in
pattern Varbind[10,77]: [ERR 102] Line 10:77 mismatched input ')' expecting
'then' in rule "210.210.122.100 GroupA"

> my doubt is,
> in the first case all my condition expression is contained with in braces.
where as in second case, it's not. so how do i've to handle this. do i've
have to omit the braces in the second case or not.

> please help me. i've been struggling to solve this error. also, i couldn't
find references in the documentation.