[rules-users] decision table problem Reg:

Murali Venugopal murali.venugopal at sifycorp.com
Tue Jan 11 06:00:31 EST 2011

Hi Wolffgang,

Thanks for your quick response. I did as you say. now my rule file when
generated from excel sheet and printed in console looks like this.

package alertRouting;
#generated from Decision Table
import com.sify.beacon.events.RouteEvent;
import com.sify.beacon.events.trapevent.Varbind;
#From row number: 10
rule "210.210.122.100 GroupA"

     when
         $event : RouteEvent(nodeIp == "210.210.122.100")
         $varbind : Varbind(oid == "1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1" && value == "5")
         from $event.varbindings
     then
         event.setGroup("GroupA");
         System.out.println("set to Group A");

end

it seems that the "from" clause is in the next line as a separate
condition. so, drools have considered it as a separate condition.

the error message is

  error java.lang.RuntimeException: Rule Compilation error : [Rule
name='210.210.122.100 GroupA']
     alertRouting/Rule_210_210_122_100_GroupA_0.java (7:397) : event
cannot be resolved

also, i don't understand about implementing the dependency to the cell
in left. i tried logical, mathematical dependency conditions. sorry for
my ignorance.

please help me resolve this issue.

  _ _     _ _ |.

On 01/11/2011 01:56 PM, Wolfgang Laun wrote:
> There is a limit to what can be implemented using decision tables.
> Some constructs are possible with hacks.
>
> In your case, you cannot have constraints with parameters and "from"
> in the same column. You need 2 adjacent columns.
>
> CONDITION
> $varbind : Varbind
> oid == $1 && value == $2
> the pattern and constraints
> ".1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1.0","5"
> CONDITION
>
> from $event.varbindings
> the from clause
>
> Note the blank cell below CONDITION. The 'x' triggers the insertion of
> the from clause. (It should be possible to implement the dependency on
> the cell to the left by a simple spreadsheet formula.)
>
> -W
>

> 2011/1/11 Murali Venugopal <murali.venugopal at sifycorp.com
> <mailto:murali.venugopal at sifycorp.com>>
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > i'm facing a problem with decision tables. i've got a .drl working
> file. but when i happen to take that into a .xls file ( decision table
> ) it throws some errors.
> >
> > my actual rule in .drl file has got something like this.
> >
> > when
> >
> >     $event : RouteEvent( nodeIp == "192.168.1.12 )
> >     $varbind : Varbind ( oid == ".1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1.0" && value ==
> "5" ) from $event.varbindings
> >
> > then
> >
> >     System.out.println("some text")
> >
> > here in my decision table, my first cell would have the first condition
> >
> > $event : RouteEvent
> > nodeIp == "$param"
> > that is, i've to omit my "(" and ")" braces.
> >
> > so now, my second condition is
> >
> > $varbind : Varbind
> > ( oid == "$1" && value == "$2" ) from $event.varbindings
> >
> > here i don't know how to omit the "(" and ")" braces. or should i
> add and other layer of those braces.
> >
> > anyway, the decision table is not working, where as my rule file does.
> >
> > the error message is
> >
> >  error java.lang.RuntimeException: [10,55]: [ERR 102] Line 10:55
> mismatched input 'FROM' expecting ')' in rule "210.210.122.100 GroupA"
> in pattern Varbind[10,77]: [ERR 102] Line 10:77 mismatched input ')'
> expecting 'then' in rule "210.210.122.100 GroupA"
> >
> > my doubt is,
> > in the first case all my condition expression is contained with in
> braces. where as in second case, it's not. so how do i've to handle
> this. do i've have to omit the braces in the second case or not.
> >
> > please help me. i've been struggling to solve this error. also, i
> couldn't find references in the documentation.
> > thanks in advace.
> >
> >  _ _     _ _ |.
> >
> > Whoever wants to be happy, let him be so: of tomorrow there's no knowing

Get your world in your inbox!

Mail, widgets, documents, spreadsheets, organizer and much more with your Sifymail WIYI id!
Log on to http://www.sify.com

********** DISCLAIMER **********
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Sify Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a
forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with
the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an
agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the
information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any use,
distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at admin at sifycorp.com