[rules-users] Real World Examples Wanted!!!!!!

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed Jan 12 23:03:13 EST 2011

On 13/01/2011 03:36, Allan Terry wrote:
> Mark,
>   Does this help you?  It is an example of an interesting problem
> solved with drools. Helps people get an idea of where rule systems are
> useful and why.   Since we used Drools mainly as a compilation target
> instead of working in it directly, I can't give you a case study of
> pure drools development and integration.  If you think it is still
> useful, you want me to post it as text to the forum?  Post it
> somewhere on the wiki with a note in the forum?  if you prefer to post
> it to the blog, that is OK too.
While this probably isn't suitable for step by step examples, it solves
our other major problem. We have so few case studies, which is the first
thing any new customers ask. Who uses Drools, where and how?

So this solves that brilliantly, especially as it is for the Navy.

Initially we can blog this, but maybe we should make a section in the
documentation for high level case studies. If people are willing to
contribute? Bonus points if you write it in docbook for us :) XMLMind is
recommended.

If anyone else has high level case studies, send them in :)

Mark