[rules-users] Drools 5.1: What happens when an incremental KA rebuild fails?

ljnelson ljnelson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 15:13:04 EST 2011

Seeing some strange things on a production system.

I have Drools set up to use a KnowledgeAgent.

I have the KnowledgeAgent set up to scan resources and directories.

The agent is pointed at--let's say--C:\LEAD\rules, where "LEAD" is the name
of the project in question and "rules" is a directory underneath which I
would like to have several .drl files.

I begin by placing one well-known, valid .drl file under there.  That
obviously loads up fine and the rules go into effect.

If I deliberately introduce a syntax error, I hear about it in the
logs--that's fine too.

But if I then remove the syntax error, it's as though scanning stops.  The
KnowledgeAgent appears as though it is never rebuilt again, so it appears
simply to be broken.

I will obviously supply more details as needed, but thought I'd fire this
quick flare to see if anyone knows of any simple cause here.

Best,
Laird