[rules-users] Is there any way to find out last two events with some common properties

umesh kumar sain umesh.sain at alcatel-lucent.com
Sat Jan 15 12:26:53 EST 2011

 Is there any way to find out last two events with some common properties. In
my app I'd defined a pojo as drools event whose expiry time is say 5 mins.
Now I want to access the properties of last two events.

say something like this

rule "Props"
when
$E1 : MyEvent(prop1 = "MyProp") from entry-point MyStream
$E2 : MyEvent(prop1 = "MyProp", this != $E1) from entry-point MyStream
then
Do something
end

In the above rule my concern is that since the expiry time is 5 minutes and
I can receive any no of events during this period. How can I be sure that
the above two events $E1 and $E2 are the latest one i.e. last two events
received. I also thought of using sliding window but I don't know when they
are going to be received say 1s, 1m, or 5m.

kindly suggest