[rules-users] Is there any way to find out last two events with some common properties

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 02:41:52 EST 2011

I think that this problem is best solved by using an auxiliary fact, let's
call it MyPair. it contains two references to MyEvent objects, one called
previous, the other one last, both of which are initially null.

For each e: MyEvent with the desired properties, one rule must fire when
MyPair.previous == null and updata MyPair. previous <- last; last <- e.

For each e: MyEvent with the desired properties, one rule must fire when
MyPair.previous != null and updata MyPair. previous <- last, last <- e and
execute whatever needs to be done for a pair.

Dealing with "stale" MyEvent events (older than 10 minutes) complicates this
a little, but not much.

-W