[rules-users] Different rule fires when debugging vs running after upgrading to 5.1.1

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 18:06:53 EST 2011

You've already pointed to it yourself.  Rules execution should be thought of in the same way you approach concurrent programming.  Execution can (and should) be able to happen in any order possible.  Only the current logical state of working memory should influence the next step in execution, with a bit of arbitrary choice thrown in. (The last step in conflict resolution between rules is "pick one...")

GreG