[rules-users] Drools repository and accessing the rules engine from vb.net

Jervis Liu jliu at redhat.com
Wed Jan 19 22:54:39 EST 2011

Gorantla, Bhaskar (GE Capital) wrote:

> I would appreciate if you could please answer the following questions.
>

> 1.       Can you share some information on the out of the box
> repository? Is it a relational database or is it an embedded database
> such as Berkley DB?
>

> 2.       Can we make Guvnor to store the rules in an Oracle database?

Guvnor is using JackRabbit as its backend repository. By default
JackRabbit is configured to use file system, but it can be configured to
use other relational databases: http://jackrabbit.apache.org/

> 3.       Ways in .net application can access the rules engine to
> execute the rules

Use knowledgeAgent:
http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/5.1.1.34858.FINAL/drools-guvnor/html/ch01.html#d0e1259

Cheers,