[rules-users] Clearing an AgendaGroup

Evert Penninckx evert.penninckx at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 03:09:41 EST 2011

Wolfgang Laun-2 wrote:

> After reading this description, I don't see any reason for using
> auto-focus
> in the rule you have presented in the original email; especially the
> combination with setFocus() in the RHS looks rather kinky to me.

I stole this reasoning from an old post I read somewhere...

> Do you really mean that the final state after group2 is expected to be
> "*in*consistent"
> w.r.t. the checks in group1?

I really do mean it. But you have a point, it's weird. I've got some ideas
to refine the checks so that they would always be valid. In that case, I
won't need the groups anymore :) But first I'll have to see if I get there.

Anyway, I would use a rule in MAIN to give the focus to group1 and then to
> group2 and avoid auto-focus and any "control logic" in the rules of either
> group.

Good idea. Thanks!

Evert