[rules-users] Common Practices for warning or debug rules/messages

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 13:33:24 EDT 2011

   Hi, I think this is the best use case for agenda-groups + auto-focus...
i.e., you add your rules to your kbase, and the rules remain there and will
not fire, unless an extraordinary condition is detected, in which case the
auto-focus will trigger, "pausing" the execution of the other rules to do
whatever is necessary to handle the extraordinary condition. After it is
fixed, the processing resumes with the regular rules.

   Not sure if that is what you are looking for, but hope it helps.

   Edson

2011/6/29 wendy <w.mungovan at yahoo.com>

> Hi,
>   I'm working on a system that has a large number of rules and we are
> getting to the point where we think it would be useful to have some 'debug'
> or 'warning' type rules (for lack of a better word).    The warning rules
> would be rules that would signal to us that something is wrong with the
> underlying data and would require someone to go in and fix something.  I
> was
> wondering if there are some standard practice as to how to write, maintain,
> format... these rules.  I can think of a couple of ways to do this but I
> would like the communities opinion. We would also like the ability to turn
> on/off these debug or warning rules easily while the rest of the system
> keeps on processing.
>
> Thank you,
> Wendy

  Edson Tirelli