[rules-users] Guvnor errors stay forever

Justin Case send_lotsa_spam_here at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 17:18:40 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Here's a funny thing I experience:
I declare a function and do the mistake of verifying it before editing anything,
while it's still a template (so it has chevrons). The verify obviously fails -
but with a HTTP error 500! Server crashed?? Indeed I can see in the console:
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:951)
[:6.0.0.Final]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) [:1.6.0_12]
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Verifier Errors:
        [ERR 102] Line 1:9 mismatched input '<' in function
        [ERR 102] Line 1:36 mismatched input '<' in function "calculateAge"
        [ERR 102] Line 1:46 mismatched input '>' in function "calculateAge"
        Parser returned a null Package
I see quite a few JIRAs about incomplete exception handling - GUVNOR-741,
GUVNOR-690, GUVNOR-536, should I add the above to any of them?

Whatever, an error is an error, but here comes the real problem:

After the above I come to realize that each analysis of a package keeps adding
the results of the previous ones, so the Errors/Warnings list just grows and
grows. An old error will always come again even though the item it refers to is
not even existing anymore (so I cannot analyse/verify anything reliably). I
renamed the above function, I edited it so it doesn't have the chevrons, its
code can be validated fine, but nevertheless Guvnor keeps throwing the same
error 500 and the JBoss console keeps complaining about the oooold function
calculateAge and its chevrons each time I verify or analyse. And it does that by
repeating the message for each retry once more. Either the error list is not
cleaned after the verify, or some artifacts live too long. Logout and relogon
keeps the list, but restarting JBoss solves the problem.
.
I really have the feeling GUVNOR-1499 has the same underlying problem...

For the record: I'm on 5.2.0.Final on JBoss 6, Java 6 on Windows XP.

Thank you very much,
JC