[rules-users] Using Enumeration for long lists

lansyj lansyjp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 04:39:19 EDT 2011

Hi,

We are planning to use Drools for a Blacklist validation logic which
requires us to manage very long list (could be tens of thousands of IDs).
Can we use the native Drools enumeration for this? Would this be an optimal
implementation?

The other option we were thinking of was to have a list managed separately
in our core application and have in lucene indexed such that Drools rule
checks against the index. But, as you can see, it creates a lot of
development as well as maintenance overhead.

Thanks in advance for any tips on this topic.

Best Regard

-lj