[rules-users] Using Enumeration for long lists

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 04:46:41 EDT 2011

On 5 July 2011 10:39, lansyj <lansyjp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are planning to use Drools for a Blacklist validation logic which
> requires us to manage very long list (could be tens of thousands of IDs).
> Can we use the native Drools enumeration for this?

What do you mean by "native Drools enumeration"?

> Would this be an optimal
> implementation?

IDs such as phone numbers or email addresses are strings, so what sort of
access do you need that's not efficiently feasible with a hash map or hash
set? Detailed knowledge of the value disrtibution of your IDs might be used
for an optimum hash function, but that's a technicality.

-W