[rules-users] Using Enumeration for long lists

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 05:04:19 EDT 2011

Guvnor supports enumerated lists of values that can be included in rules.

Drools itself (the "rule engine") provides for the compilation and execution
of rules; ultimately written in plain text - Guvnor provides a UI layer of
abstraction over the text generation that allows use of enumerations.

You can use Java enumerations in Drools rule definitions, but you still need
to write the rules using such enumerations.