[rules-users] Using Enumeration for long lists

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 05:04:31 EDT 2011

On 5 July 2011 10:54, lansyj <lansyjp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I understand Drools does support enumerated lists of values for checking
> conditions and assigning consequences. Am i mistaken?

It's using a Rete network, and I've never heard "enumerated lists of values"
in any description of the involved algorithms. Where does this come from?

> The ID would be a numeric value of 8 or 12 bytes in length. The Blacklist
> validation would be just the basic full word match.

Basically a subset of positive "long" values; if area codes are involved,
distribution is not regular (even within a certain number of  digits). But a
hash lookup on the String value should give you good performance.

   Subscriber( $addr: address )
   Blacklist( set contains $addr )
then
   refuse...