[rules-users] repository in 5.2.M2 crashes in 5.2.Final because of decision table serialization

Atherton, Robert W CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 54422 robert.atherton at navy.mil
Tue Jul 12 12:09:15 EDT 2011

Is the statement about backwards compatibility only true for CEP and
decision tables, or does it pertain to upgrading from 5.2.M2 to Final as a
whole?

My project has been trying to upgrade from 5.2.M2 to Final, and we are
having problems with our StatefulKnowledgeSession not containing any of the
processes or fact types defined in our guvnor package.

Thanks,
Rob

  _____

From: rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org
[mailto:rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org] On Behalf Of Michael Anstis
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 11:53 AM
To: Rules Users List
Subject: Re: [rules-users] repository in 5.2.M2 crashes in 5.2.Final because
of decision table serialization

That explains it.

The CEP changes were made between 5.2.M2 and Final.

Since 5.2.M2 was a beta Mark Proctor was OK not keeping backwards
compatibility between the M2 and Final. I checked before making the changes.

Unfortunately the code-base only supports automatic conversion between
5.1.Final and 5.2.Final. Any guided decision tables made on 5.2.M1, 5.2.M2
and 5.2.CR1 are incompatible with 5.2.Final.

With kind regards,

Mike