[rules-users] Drools Planner examples applications running more than 10 minutes?

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 02:52:11 EDT 2011

Hi Prabakar,

Op 13-07-11 18:58, DroolersEye schreef:
> drools planner example programmes running long time
The more time you give a planning problem, the better solution it will be.
Many examples are configured to run for 10 minutes,
but yield a good, feasible solution after a minute or less.
Just click the "terminate early" button to see it.
Planner examples 5.3 will be able to refresh the gui screen as the
planner finds new best solutions.
However, if you do give it 10 minutes, you 'll get a even better solution.
>   (eg. more than 10
> minutes...and keep running stopped half way).
The examples which big data and many constraints take a few seconds
(sometimes even a minute) to initialize.
That's probably what you're seeing.
>   Is my installation wrong or is
> this the intended behavior?
Probably intended: Which example did you try out? Copy/paste the log if
you're unsure it's intended.
>   pls advise me. The documentation (user guide is
> bit abstract for me ...the examples screen shots are not the updated
> one(expected 5.2)....) .
True (although I doubt it hinders much).
Screenshots are a maintenance nightmare. Please create a jira for this:
http://issues.jboss.org
> Do you have any developer guide or any rference
> material to understand more.
The reference manual (user guide) and the examples centralize all the
material we got.
Could you point out where the user guide was to abstract to understand?

> Thanks,
> Prabakar
>
> -----
> Drooler