[rules-users] recursive queries

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Thu Jul 14 10:48:02 EDT 2011

Drools 5.2 allows queries to call queries. It also allows rules to call
a query. It also allows "unification" of variables, which means a
variable can be left unbound.

That said quite a few bugs have turned up and I strongly recommend you
use HEAD for the moment on this feature:
https://hudson.jboss.org/jenkins/job/drools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/drools-distribution/target/

Look at the "New and Noteworthy" docs on the backward chaining
derivation queries. ch05 might need to be updated with better clarification.

Mark