[rules-users] jaxb generated fact loaded into Guvnor throws errors when using the ' is contained in the comma separated list' operator

Sreeram.Vadlamudi at wellsfargo.com Sreeram.Vadlamudi at wellsfargo.com
Thu Jul 14 16:23:31 EDT 2011

Hello ,

I am using 5.2.0.CR1 version of Guvnor .

I have a jaxb generated class loaded through the model jar into Guvnor to be used as a fact in the Guided Decision Table editor.

When I use a field ACTIVITYCODE  of type String from the JAXB generated class  with  ' is contained in the comma separated list'  operator, I get compilation errors.

Unable to Analyse Expression ACTIVITYCODE == "A" || ACTIVITYCODE == "B": [Error: no such identifier: ACTIVITYCODE] [Near : {... ACTIVITYCODE == "A" || ACTIVI ....}] ^ [Line: 1, Column: 1]

But when I use equal to operator to compare value to just a string value, it compiles fine.

This rule fails.

3.      |       rule "Row 1 dds"
4.      |           ruleflow-group "None"
5.      |           dialect "mvel"
6.      |           when
7.      |               factClass : FACTCLASS( ACTIVITYCODE in ("A", "B")
8.      |           then
9.      |               factClass.setRATE( "5.25" );
10.     |       end

The below rule compiles fine.

3.      |       rule "Row 1 dds"
4.      |           ruleflow-group "None"
5.      |           dialect "mvel"
6.      |           when
7.      |               factClass : FACTCLASS ( ACTIVITYCODE =="A")
8.      |           then
9.      |               factClass.setRATE( "5.25" );
10.     |       end

Is this issue being caused by jaxb generated class? If so, is there a way to fix this problem?

When I use a regular pojo that is not jaxb generated, the

is contained in the comma separated list'  operator works fine.

Can someone provide any direction or thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Ram