[rules-users] Drools Planner Solver Type

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 03:25:10 EDT 2011

Op 15-07-11 18:16, DroolersEye schreef:
> Geoffrey,
>
> Please help me to understand clearly,
> 1. What are the solver type drools planner currently support or use?
Production quality:
- Hill climbing (= simple local search). Don't use this, add the tabu
config line to get tabu search instead.
- tabu search (solution, move and/or property)
- simulated annealing
Very experimental:
- great deluge
Experimental on my fork:
- First fit (decreasing)
- Best fit (decreasing)
> 2. From the examples I learned Local search(SA, tabu..), is this type
> applicable to all kind of problems?
All kinds of (NP-complete) planning problems. Including your example in
the next question.
TS and SA are - compared to other algorithms - relatively high
problem-agnostic: they work any planning problem.
> 3. How to select or build a solver? (eg.scenario.....100 doctors 1000
> patients, administrator needs to schedule an appoinment with doctors based
> on the patient type and doctor specialization)
Read the manual.
Take a look at the examples.
> Thanks,
>
> -----