[rules-users] Capitalized element names

Tom.E.Murphy at wellsfargo.com Tom.E.Murphy at wellsfargo.com
Tue Jul 26 20:28:13 EDT 2011

In the following rule, the element MICompanyMarketClassification is capitalized due to the MI portion being an acronym for Mortgage Insurance.
This comes from our enterprise data model and is not something I can change.

rule "R1234"
        dialect "java"
        when
                MortageInsurance{ MICompanyMarketClassification in ("2", "3") }
        then
                system.out.printLn("something");
end

The rule refuses to compile, giving a message "Unable to Analyse Expression MICompanyMarketClassification == "2" || MICompanyMarketClassification == "3":
[Error: no such identifier: MICompanyMarketClassification]
[Near : {... MICompanyMarketClassification ....}]"

I assume this is caused by the capitalized first letter?
Anything I can do to fix the issue or work around it?

Drools 5.2 community edition

Tom Murphy

Systems Architect
Wells Fargo HCFG - CORE Deal Decisioning Platform

800 S. Jordan Creek Parkway | West Des Moines, IA 50266
MAC: X2301-01B
Office: 515 324 4853 | Mobile: 515 423 4334

tom.e.murphy at wellsfargo.com<mailto:tom.e.murphy at wellsfargo.com>

This transmission may contain information that is confidential and/or proprietary. If you are not the individual or entity to which it is addressed, note that any review, disclosure, copying, retransmission, or other use is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from your system.