[rules-users] Capitalized element names

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 20:44:32 EDT 2011

   Hi Tom,

   I've seen this before and AFAIK, the javaBeans spec always transforms the
first letter to lowercase when converting a get method into a property name.
We can try to address this in future releases, maybe falling back to
uppercase if the lower case property name lookup fails, but I don't think
there is a solution to keep it as is. In 5.2. you can use the full method
name instead, but not sure if that isn't event worse:

                MortageInsurance{ getMICompanyMarketClassification() in
(“2”, “3”) }

     Edson

2011/7/26 <Tom.E.Murphy at wellsfargo.com>

>  In the following rule, the element MICompanyMarketClassification is
> capitalized due to the MI portion being an acronym for Mortgage Insurance.
> This comes from our enterprise data model and is not something I can
> change.
>
> rule “R1234”
>         dialect “java”
>         when
>                 MortageInsurance{ MICompanyMarketClassification in (“2”,
> “3”) }
>         then
>                 system.out.printLn(“something”);
> end
>
> The rule refuses to compile, giving a message “Unable to Analyse Expression
> MICompanyMarketClassification == "2" || MICompanyMarketClassification ==
> "3":
> [Error: no such identifier: MICompanyMarketClassification]
> [Near : {... MICompanyMarketClassification ....}]”
>
> I assume this is caused by the capitalized first letter?
> Anything I can do to fix the issue or work around it?
>
> Drools 5.2 community edition
> *Tom Murphy
>
> *Systems Architect
> Wells Fargo HCFG - CORE Deal Decisioning Platform
>

> 800 S. Jordan Creek Parkway | West Des Moines, IA 50266
> MAC: X2301-01B
> Office: 515 324 4853 | Mobile: 515 423 4334
>
> *tom.e.murphy at wellsfargo.com* <tom.e.murphy at wellsfargo.com>
>
> This transmission may contain information that is confidential and/or
> proprietary. If you are not the individual or entity to which it is
> addressed, note that any review, disclosure, copying, retransmission, or
> other use is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in
> error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from
> your system.

  Edson Tirelli
  JBoss Drools Core Development
  JBoss by Red Hat @ www.jboss.com