[rules-users] How to add application data via StatefulKnowledgeSession

Matthew Erler wires8 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 12:29:01 EDT 2011

I'm using Drool 5.  I reviewed globals and it looks like it might be appropriate for my situation.  I find plenty of documentation on how to use a global in a consequence, but none on how to use a global in a condition.  Do you know if it's possible to use a global in a condition?  My situation is that I need to check a container class to see if the container is filled, if not then fill the container (the condition would actually be more elaborate and include facts but I'm omitting them for the sake of brevity).  The DRL file would look something like this (the example doesn't work of course):

global com.example.Container globalContainer;

rule "container full rule"
  when
    globalContainer.getContentsFlag() == false
  then
    globalContainer.fill(new ContainerContents());
    globalContainer.setContentsFlag(true);