[rules-users] Migrate from JBRMS 4.0.7 to Guvnor 5.1

smolnij smola.inbox at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 05:57:29 EDT 2011

Hello all

I need to migrate from 4.0.7 drools to 5.1, could you please give some
advices and links?

We have drools JBRMS 4.0.7 app with lots of rules, persisted in Oracle. We
haven't any .drl files for these rules. I've tried to export these rules via
export feature from JBRMS 4 and then import the derived XML via import
feature in Guvnor 5, but I get the following error:

17:56:55,365 INFO  [STDOUT] ERROR 16-03 17:56:55,361
(RulesRepository.java:importRulesRepositoryFromStream:1073)         illegal
node name: {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/sv/1.0}node
javax.jcr.InvalidSerializedDataException: illegal node name:
{http://www.jcp.org/jcr/sv/1.0}node
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.xml.SysViewImportHandler.startElement(SysViewImportHandler.java:141)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.xml.ImportHandler.startElement(ImportHandler.java:169)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.xml.DefaultContentHandler.startElement(DefaultContentHandler.java:161)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
Source)

Is there some way how we can transfer the rules from JBRMS to Guvnor? Does
the Guvnor has another rules format, so it can't import from JBRMS XML? Is
there some specs about differences, so I would be able to write the
converter? Or is there some already published converter?

Would it make sense to export the rules via JCR API from old JBRM JCR (1.3)
and then import it to new JCR repo created by Guvnor?

How we can upgrade the drools version without loosing our already created
rules?