[rules-users] Basic doubt regarding Drools Fusion - @expires

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 12:45:52 EDT 2011

Yes, but I just fired up a small project using it and it used 100% of CPU.  If you build the attached project you'll see the tests run just fine. (They use fireAllRules.)  If you launch from the commandline, ("java -jar target/DroolsBoxes-1.0.jar") which uses fireUntilHalt, the rules fire (and complete) just fine, but it continues to use 100% of a cpu core indefinitely.  This is with 5.1.1.  If I change the drools version to 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT it compiles but the tests won't run.  They all fail with the following exception:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.drools.spi.DeclarationScopeResolver.<init>([Ljava/util/Map;Ljava/util/Stack;)V	at org.drools.rule.builder.RuleBuildContext.<init>(RuleBuildContext.java:72)	at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.addRule(PackageBuilder.java:1198)	at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.addPackage(PackageBuilder.java:629)	at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.addPackageFromDrl(PackageBuilder.java:278)	at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.addKnowledgeResource(PackageBuilder.java:451)	at org.drools.builder.impl.KnowledgeBuilderImpl.add(KnowledgeBuilderImpl.java:28)	at com.sample.DroolsTest.readKnowledgeBase(DroolsTest.java:75)	at com.sample.DroolsTest.go(DroolsTest.java:31)	at com.sample.BoxTest.test0(BoxTest.java:21)