[rules-users] How to manage lists of data

Alexander, Scott F scott.f.alexander at jpmorgan.com
Tue Mar 22 05:55:41 EDT 2011

Hi,

Im pretty new to drools and have been going through the docs for the Expert and guvnor.  I have some basic unit tests running with the rules I am trying to replicate from a legacy system.  One of the rules my current system uses is to check a property in an Object against a list of values and fire if the property is present in the list ie list.contains(someValue);

I am trying to find out what the best practise is for setting up the lists which will be checked against.  I don't want to have to include these lists in java classes and upload them as facts.  I would much rather be able to manage them through guvnor so my non technical users can manage them themselves without the need to release a new jar file.

Thanks.