[rules-users] [planner] Hard constraints in drl, MoveFactory or isMoveDoable

Evert Penninckx evert.penninckx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 10:10:56 EDT 2011

Hi

General question on the drools planner. If I'm not mistaken, I see three
ways to impose hard constraints:

1. Generate violations in the scoring DRL.
2. Check them in isMoveDoable
3. Do not create moves in the MoveFactory which cause hard constraints to be
broken.

For safety I would always add a check in the DRL (1) in combination with 2
or 3 if possible.
I assume that checks in isMoveDoable are more expensive in terms of
performance and should only be put there if they can vary with each
solution.

Does this make sense?

Evert