[rules-users] execute Rules selectively

Benson Fung benson.redhat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 09:10:57 EDT 2011

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for your patience.  Let me try to describe what I want in details.

e.g.  There is a variable A with 3 rules in BRMS.

The variable A is input by a user via an edit box at the frontend.
Now there are 1000 rules in the BRMS rulebase.  However, 3 out of 1000
rules are related to this variable A, like

rule 'check_a_empty'
when (( A == null) || (A == "") )

then  return a message 'A cannot be empty'

rule 'A_Range_0_100'
when ((A < 0 ) || (A > 100) )

then return a message 'A must be within the range between 0 and 100'

rule 'check_A_Character'
when ((A is not an integer))

return a message 'A must be an integer'

If I would like to execute the above 3 rules at the same time, how to
write/develop the AgendaFilter class?

Please advise

Thank you very much
Benson