[rules-users] execute Rules selectively

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 09:19:23 EDT 2011

If you include all that rules inside a knowledge session and then if you
insert A, all the rules will be evaluated.
There is no need to create an agenda group for that, unless I'm missing
something else that you don't mention :)
Greetings.

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Benson Fung <benson.redhat at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Leonardo,
>
> Thanks for your patience.  Let me try to describe what I want in details.
>
> e.g.  There is a variable A with 3 rules in BRMS.
>
> The variable A is input by a user via an edit box at the frontend.
> Now there are 1000 rules in the BRMS rulebase.  However, 3 out of 1000
> rules are related to this variable A, like
>
> rule 'check_a_empty'
> when (( A == null) || (A == "") )
>
> then  return a message 'A cannot be empty'
>
> rule 'A_Range_0_100'
> when ((A < 0 ) || (A > 100) )
>
> then return a message 'A must be within the range between 0 and 100'
>
> rule 'check_A_Character'
> when ((A is not an integer))
>
> return a message 'A must be an integer'
>

> If I would like to execute the above 3 rules at the same time, how to
> write/develop the AgendaFilter class?
>
> Please advise
>

> Thank you very much
> Benson
>
> 2011/3/25 Leonardo Gomes <leonardo.f.gomes at gmail.com>:
> > Hi Benson,
> >
> > What exactly do you want to achieve? You want to execute rules in
> parallel?
> >

> > On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 2:08 AM, Benson Fung <benson.redhat at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have setup about 10 rules in the rulebase.  Can you tell me how I
> >> can execute more than one specific rule at the same time?  Please help
> >>

> >> Thanks
> >> Benson

 - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar