[rules-users] Decision tables - multiple params to function over multiple columns

Travis_Smith at bnz.co.nz Travis_Smith at bnz.co.nz
Tue Mar 29 01:59:39 EDT 2011

Hi,

Currently I've got a consequence on a decision table that works like this:

        callHelperFunction( $1, $2, $handleFromConditions);

where the first two parameters are strings, $1 being a code, $2 a
description.

which means that you get the table holding things like:

        "DC X223,This is the description text which can be fairly wordy"

That works just fine!

However: For ease of maintenance, the risk analysts want the input split
over two columns, so is there any way of doing this? I'm trying to avoid
inserting a temporary fact then cleaning it up after, if possible, as I
can't see that being particularly good for performance.

Thank you,
-Trav

Travis Smith
Analyst Programmer
Development Centre
BNZ

DDI: +644 4746356 (Or Ext 76356)

CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited.
This email was sent by the Bank of New Zealand. You can contact us on
0800 ASK BNZ (0800 275 269). Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Bank
of New Zealand.