[rules-users] Guvnor service to compile part of a package ?

Vincent Legendre vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com
Wed May 4 10:57:06 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I am looking for a clever way to compile only parts of a Guvnor package
according to some criteria on items (categories, metadata ...), but
outside Guvnor if possible.
The main idea starts by the fact that it is a little bit complex for a
business user to manage packages and compilations, and even more if he
has to manage conditional compilations (using selectors) of a single
package to produce multiple KB compiled according to business criterions.

I want to compile automatically some KB according to categories (more
generally asset's fields) with something external to Guvnor. Thus I need
a way to query Guvnor repository with criterion to get either :
     - the corresponding ressources (DRL)
     - the filtered compiled KB (PKG ressource)
Filtering with DRL (like custom selectors in Guvnor) will be perfect,
using a custom class too.

Is there such service ?
Does the KnowledgeAgent allow filtering (did not see anything in docs) ?
Or do I need to add a new service in Guvnor war directly ?

Thanks!