[rules-users] FW: typical rules application

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Mon May 16 04:32:20 EDT 2011

Paraphrasing your 1st paragraph - how would you react to this question?

"I am just trying to get a feel of size of a typical Java application. How
many low-to-medium complex classes a typical Java application will have ? I
understand and agree that it totally depends upon the application and
business needs, but I am trying to get a feel of if Java is the correct
solution to a problem and if that can be determined by number of classes"

And, here's why there's no answer:

20 or 10,000 - both has been reported - it depends on the quality of your
problem and which technique you favour. Note: It's possible to trade rules
against (supporting) fact data.

There is certainly no such number "x".

-W