[rules-users] How to convert and use JAVA drools 5.1 in .net

FrankVhh frank.vanhoenshoven at agserv.eu
Tue May 31 12:00:06 EDT 2011

Hi,

I remember implementing Drools in .net, using IKVM, but I am not able to
retrieve the code (nor retrieve my memory) at the moment.

When I read my short explanation of the way I implemented it, I am not
convinced that I used IKVM to convert any native drools libraries. In stead,
it appears as if only my original Java-implementation is converted (with all
desired functions present).

At least, that would explain why you would be able to disregard all warnings
(as Drools engine still runs in java).

If you would like to use an Object from the Drools-jars, then you probably
cannot disregard the warnings when converting the jars. However, I have
never tried to fully achieve this.

Imo, there are a number of ways forward from here (choose as you prefer)
1) Try to ikvmc the entire drools library, carefully adding all dependancies
and fixing wrong convertions
2) Try to contact an other member of this community: Corneil (du Plessis?),
who achieved a drools implementation with IKVM. I am not sure to what extent
he converted all the jars.
3) Try using jni4net

Regards,
Frank