[rules-users] Rule Flow: Diverge/Converge Issue with one-to-many paths being exected

dcrissman dac at akc.org
Wed Nov 9 10:05:17 EST 2011

Drools Version: 5.1 (We are looking into upgrading, but not an option at this
time)

I have need of a rule flow that will allow a diverge on one-to-many paths
and then converge and continue on only once the paths that were executed
have all finish.

Say I have path A, B, & C. The constraints on the diverge node indicate that
A & C should be executed simultaneously, but B should not. Then the converge
node should wait for A and C to finish, but not care about B as it was not
executed by the diverge.

Initial attempt was to use Diverge(OR) and Converge(AND). The problem is
that the Converge (I think) waits on B indefinitely and so the process exits
out with no error message.

It looks like n-of-m is kind of what I want, except I have no way to know
how many paths the Diverge kicked off.

Any thoughts on how this could be done?

Much Appreciated!