[rules-users] Issues with Eclipse Excel Plugin for Drools Decision Tables

Andreas Schlüter andreas.schlueter at Cirquent.de
Wed Nov 9 13:00:04 EST 2011

Actually, your proposal does not work as expected:
While Eclipse is open, it locks the file. If I edit it with Excel, be it
directly from the OS or via configuration of the filetype, I therefore
cannot save it.

So it is like "change the excel file""->startup eclipse ->click refresh ->
get compilation Error -> shutdown eclipse -> correct error in excel ->
startup eclipse -> click refresh ->...

Is this really the way it is supposed to work? Is anybody at all using the
Excel spreadsheet feature in a real application? How do they do it? I am
using OOTB Eclipse, Drools, etc., and this is the first effect that I
receive. How can that be the case if people are using this?

Probably I need a commercial training course to start using the Eclipse
Drools editors, does anyone have a recommendation where to get this? (Or is
it just an Eclipse training course?)

Thanks again,

Andreas