[rules-users] How to dynamically invoke a field or property into a fact and set rule on that field or property

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 01:23:16 EST 2011

I suggest you to start simple.
Just create a java project add the drools dependencies (knowledge-api,
drools-core and drools-compiler), define your POJO classes that will
represent your Domain model, for example: Product, Discount, Category, etc
and then you can start writing your rules. When you get a set of rules
ready you can use the drools APIs to create your knowledge session that
will allow you to insert facts and evaluate them with your defined rules.
You can check the documentation page for more information on how to do that
or you can also check out the examples located here:

https://github.com/Salaboy/Drools_jBPM5-Training-Examples/tree/master/drools5

That shows how to create simple maven java projects that contains a set of
rules to evaluate very simple scenarios.

Cheers

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 3:16 AM, srinivasasanda <srinivasasanda at gmail.com>wrote:

> My requirement is if i select the product type mobile, or dth, or some
> other
> ,
> then i will check one more rule if customer credit total is above 1000
> etc..
> then i want create a new fact or field . and on that field i want to keep
> rule and give some discount constraint as new rule
>
> I am new to drools please help me i have some problem,
>
> After creating a pojo class jar, uploads into guvnor , and write rules on
> that, how can we add new fact at runtime dynamically , where does it comes
> in guvnor to write rule on new facts generated dynamically.
> plz can give some brush up on this.

 - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -