[rules-users] Spring, KnowledgeAgent, and Guvnor

paulB paul.borlin at sironahealth.com
Fri Nov 11 14:35:11 EST 2011

I'm having a problem connecting my KnowledgeAgent to a package in Guvnor.
I'm using Spring to instantiate the KnowledgeAgent.  The agent initializes
perfectly well when I point to a local change-set that in-turn points to a
local rule.  However, even though I have the same rule in a package in
Guvnor, the KnowledgeAgent fails with the following exception when I point
to the package's change-set in Guvnor:

The code at KnowledgeBaseImpl.java:148 is (using 5.3.0.Final):

Here is the simple rule in the Guvnor as returned by the URL for the package
source URL:

Here is the local change-set definition.  The line that is commented is the
failing resource, whereas the local file resource works fine:

Guvnor is residing on a Tomcat server.

I could not find anything related to this on the forum.  Thank you for any
hints.

-Paul