[rules-users] Enabling Role Base Authorization in Guvnor.

Jervis Liu jliu at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 02:43:49 EST 2011

Manohar Kokkula wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to enable the Role Base Authorization in Guvnor after it
> was running
> fine with the default login mechanism.
> But, encountered some problem with the attempt.
> I followed given steps:
>

> Step 1:
> I exploded guvnor-5.2.0.Final-jboss-as-5.1.war file, got
> guvnor-5.2.0.Final-jboss-as-5.1 folder,
> in this I located component.xml(guvnor-5.2.0.Final-jboss-as-5.1/WEB-INF/)
>
> What I did was that in the components.xml,
> - commented out the default <security:identity
> authenticate-method="#{defaultAuthenticator.authenticate}"/>
> - uncomment the <security:identity
> authenticate-method="#{authenticator.authenticate}"
> jaas-config-name="other"/>
> - change the role base authorization to true,
> <security:role-based-permission-resolver
> enable-role-based-authorization="true"/>
>

> Step 2:
> And at the login-config.xml from jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/conf/
>
> I have changed the "other" application policy to
>     <application-policy name = "other">
>        <authentication>
>           <login-module code =
> "org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule"
>              flag = "required" >
>            <module-option
> name="usersProperties">props/guvnor-users.properties</module-option>
>            <module-option
> name="rolesProperties">props/guvnor-roles.properties</module-option>
>           </login-module>
>        </authentication>
>     </application-policy>
>

> guvnor-users.properties
> admin=admin123
>
> guvnor-roles.properties
> admin=admin
>

> Step 3:
> At last I created new guvnor-5.2.0.Final-jboss-as-5.1.war file from
> guvnor-5.2.0.Final-jboss-as-5.1 folder and deployed the updated war
> file into boss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy
>
> At last I am unable to login into BRMS,
> I got following error message in Browser,
>
> *HTTP Status 404 - /guvnor-5.2.0.Final-jboss-as-5.1/*
>
> *type Status report*
>
> *message /guvnor-5.2.0.Final-jboss-as-5.1/*
>
> *description The requested resource
> (/guvnor-5.2.0.Final-jboss-as-5.1/) is not available.*
> *JBoss Web/2.1.1.GA*

The problem is not with your authentication. It is sth wrong with the
guvnor war ("*The requested resource (/guvnor-5.2.0.Final-jboss-as-5.1/)
is not available.* ") you created. Take a look into the log file, it
should give you more info.

BTW, you can deploy the exploded war directory directly into AS 5.1.

Cheers,
Jervis