[rules-users] Building our own UI for Drools

kapokfly ivan.jiang.ww at foxmail.com
Tue Nov 15 06:04:47 EST 2011

Thanks Mike, I will take a look of the Drools Expert fluent API.

We can't benefit from the Gunvor's rest API as there are some key issues we
are trying to resolve with our own UI:

1) unified user interface.
2) work with our meta data and current engineering model seamlessly,
especially we want their patch lifecycle same as the rules.
3) we have our own in application version control and would like the rule
object follows the same
4) we don't want to host another dedicate application outside our core
application, especially we are using jboss 4.x which I also did not find a
supported Gunvor war file.
5) The guvnor's approach works with single company but does not work with a
SAAS environment where end user is able to customize each object and writing
rules against their own properties.
6) It is easier for us to write adapter model within our application rather
than expose meta data into gunvor which is hosted separately.
7)...