[rules-users] Building our own UI for Drools

Jervis Liu jliu at redhat.com
Wed Nov 16 04:14:14 EST 2011

On 2011/11/16 16:37, kapokfly wrote:
> Thanks for the information.
>
> Deploy multiple GUNVOR instances can't resolve our issue as we have
> thousands of companies as our customer, each company will share the common
> part of our applications and meantime they can customize objects/fields they
> have permission with, this will be terrible if we go with the
> separate/dedicate deployment and basically we think that will be not
> manageable...
>
> What we are looking for is, be able to share a common collection of ruleset
> and at the same time, be able to define their custom rules with their
> customization.
At the moment, it is possible to achieve this by using
role-based-authorization in Guvnor. I.e., you create some common
packages that are designed to be shared by everyone. You assign
package-readonly permissions to everyone so that they have read-only
access to these common packages. You can also use Global Area to achieve
same effect. Essentially Global area is a special package that can be
shared by all packages. Then each user has package-admin permission for
their own packages.

The "Workspace" as I mentioned early will provide a more completely
isolated environment for each user when multiple users are sharing one
instance of Guvnor. However we dont have any concrete stories planned
for this yet.

Cheers,
Jervis