[rules-users] No rules loaded when reading package from Guvnor

sgo simon.goumaz at elca.ch
Wed Nov 16 09:07:54 EST 2011

Thanks for the quick replies.

@Esteban:

- Yes the rules do appear when accessing the package source published by
Guvnor
- Yes the package is built; for my understanding wouldn't trying to load an
unbuilt package from its URL generate an error?

@Michael:

Yes this is the right track... I created an alternate session without Spring
by simply loading the package from the URL with a KnowledgeBuilder, it
worked (the rules were there).

Then I went on and created another session with a KnowledgeAgent loading my
XML ChangeSet (still without Spring), and I observed the following:
1. When the session is created, all is fine (package and rules loaded
properly in session)
2. When I start the ResourceChangeScanner
(ResourceFactory.getResourceChangeScannerService().start()), however, the
loaded package disappears from the session.

So there are now two things I need to understand:
1. Why does starting the scanner clear the packages loaded in the session?
1. What is the issue when using Spring, as with Spring I still have my
package loaded in the session but no rules?

Thanks again.

Simon