[rules-users] Building our own UI for Drools

GPatel at tsys.com GPatel at tsys.com
Wed Nov 16 11:39:00 EST 2011

For #1 and #2, I am planning on using DSL that uses a separate model,
built specifically for rule writing, that wraps around the actual
application domain model. DSL sentences are not quite as user friendly,
the rule writer has to pick from a huge list of DSL sentences as opposed
to incremental condition phrase building available from the native rule
editor, but there is no other way, short of building your own rule editor.

The common rulesets, due to their very nature, I am not exposing to the
clients for editing, they are internal. The KnowledgeBuilder api can load
common rules (which could be in .drl files) in addition to guvnor rules.

Thanks
Ghanshyam