[rules-users] Camel Endpoint usage strategy

esstrata esstrata at yahoo.es
Mon Nov 21 03:46:23 EST 2011

Hi,

  we're refactoring a standalone application (Spring 3.0.5, Drool 5.1.1) to
use Apache Camel 2.8.0. As seen in other post, there is very little
information available about (
http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/5.1.1.34858.FINAL/drools-integration/html/index.html
Drools Endpoint or Camel integration ). We don't want to use drools-server
as having a web container is not an option.

The app basically loads from large CSV files, processes each row with lots
of rules and inserts the result in a DB. It is therefore a pretty demanding
process.

Here is an excerpt of what it does without Camel:
/
while (scanner.hasNextLine()) {
    FactHandle trafficHandle = session.insert(row);
    session.fireAllRules();
    session.retract(trafficHandle);
}
/
What we'd like to achieve is performing the above loop content in an
endpoint/processor (?) and configure it to use multiple threads so several
rows can be handled simultaneously.

Any sugestions?.

Thank you