[rules-users] removing reference to Global Data Model from Drools Package in Guvnor

Welsh, Armand AWelsh at StateStreet.com
Wed Nov 23 02:21:34 EST 2011

Hello community,

I have noticed in interesting paradox in Guvnor.

If I promote my data model to the Global package, I can then import the model from global into my individual packages, so that I can update the model once, and all packages that use the model automatically have the new model.

However, I have a need to remove the imported model from one of my packages.

If I select the Model view, I have three buttons, Refresh List, Open Selected, and Open Selected to Single Tab.

If I open the model, and select the Attributes tab, it show the model comes from Global.  If I archive the model, the global model is archived, and removed from all packages.  If I restore the model, it is restored to all the packages that referenced it prior to archiving the model.

So my question: how to I remove a model, that was imported into a package from the Global Area, from my package, without remove the global model from the global area?

Regards,
Armand Welsh