[rules-users] Rules that cumulate on consequence

lansyj lansyjp at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 04:44:31 EST 2011

hi folks

We are working on a requirement that requires us to have multiple rules that
could fire for a given input and for all the rules that fire, we would want
to cumulate the consequence to reach the final consequence.

As an example, if we want to identify the credit score for a person, based
on his gender you might want to assign/increment/decrement the score, then
based on nationality, and so on.

So, considering the long list of such criteria, having rules that cover all
scenarios and are still mutually exclusive isnt a scalable solution. Could
you please advice on how this could be achieved.

We run Drools 5.1.1 and Guvnor; rules are made using the guided editor with
DSLs.

Awaiting your support,

Best Regards

-lj