[rules-users] Guvnor Hates Me

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 13:35:42 EST 2011

Hi Ronald,

I am sorry to hear you are having such difficulties, but glad you have
reported them back to us so that we may help it fix where applicable.

I'll defer on 1) and 2) for now in case somebody with greater experience
with the Eclipse interface answers, but I assume you are using WebDav?

3) should be a case of needing to import the Java classes into your rules
package. This can be accomplished on the package screen - where you build
the binary package. Click in a package in the left hand tree and look for
an edit or attributes tab in the main panel. Exactly which you'll see
depends on the version of Guvnor you are using. There is an imports
section. This screen has also been notably buggy in pre-5.2 but once the
imports in your rule package importing the model in your other package have
been added you'll need to save.

The rule of thumb regarding saving is: if creating something in Guvnor
itself you will need to save - assets that are placeholders for attachments
will need to be saved once the attachment has been added. Things created
outside of Guvnor (e.g. Eclipse) should not AFAIK need to be saved again as
the push to Guvnor should perform this.

I would recommend you try 5.3 if possible, as a number of issues relating
to what you report have been fixed.

The user guide has also been improved for 5.3 however is still not perfect.
If you want to contribute back to Guvnor updates to the user guide are
always a gradual introduction...:)

sent on the move