[rules-users] Guvnor Hates Me

Ronald Albury ronalbury at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 13:02:58 EST 2011

First - I'd like to thank everyone for their help.  I am finding Guvnor
less intuitive than I had hoped and I will need your continued patience and
assistance to understand it.

Problem 1:
I added Sample.drl (which contains two rules) from inside Eclipse, and
Guvnor split it into two rules (HelloWorld and GoodBye).  I later changed
Sample.drl and when I went to update it thru Eclipse the 'Update' selection
was not highlighted - only the Add was available.  So I added it again.
Now in Guvnor I have the two rules from when I first added the file, and
now the Sample.drl file itself.  The Sample.drl file has the changes in it
and the two rules do not.

Problem 2:
I modified the Sample.drl file inside Eclipse again and went to update it
in Guvnor.  It wouldn't let me update it - I could only Add.  So I went
ahead and did an add.  I can not find the changes anywhere in Guvnor.

Problem 3:
When I go to validate a rule in Guvnor it complains that it has an error
importing com.scs.test.Message.  That is one of the classes in the PoJo jar
file that I have in Guvnor.  I wanted the rules to be in com.scs.test.rules
and the Java code to be in com.scs.test.  Can someone explain to me where I
have to put the Model, and if the Java classes need to have the same
package as the rules.

I am also having general problems about when to Save things.  I originally
thought that when I uploaded something into Guvnor that was enough ... but
it appears that (at least under some conditions) I have to Save as well.
Do I have to Save things I've uploaded from Eclipse too?  Guvnor never
seems to have what I think it should have.