[rules-users] Compilation errors with 5.3.0.CR1

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 07:27:08 EDT 2011

For the sake of our readers, I repeat the rule:

rule "enabled paramId: 1, id: 0"
salience 50
when
    (def0: EmParamDefinition(paramName == "p2", listIndex == -1) and
EmParamValue(paramDefinitionId == def0, requiredValue == 1))
    $param : EmParamValue(id == 1, enabled == false)
    not ParentDisabled(id == 1)
then
    $param.setEnabled(true);
    update($param);
end

and the exception:

[Error: unexpected end of statement]
[Near : {... def ....}]
                ^
[Line: 1, Column: 4]
    at org.mvel2.compiler.AbstractParser._captureBlock(AbstractParser.java:1470)

This looks like an MVEL bug. Try this simpler form:
   def0: EmParamDefinition(paramName == "p2", listIndex == -1)
             EmParamValue(paramDefinitionId == def0, requiredValue == 1)

You should also file a JIRA.

Snags like this are due to a completer rework of the DRL parser after 5.1.1.

-W